Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blog Post 11

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class


The video was mind blowing to me, that kids of that young of age could be doing so well on the computers. The kids in the video looked like they knew their way around the computers better than most adults do and they were only in first grade. I only wish I had a teacher that valued teaching technology as much as Mrs. Cassidy does to her young group of kids. I feel if I would have had an influence like her in my life I would be better prepared for my technological journey I have started. This video shows that you are never too young to begin using technology as a building block in education. Technology can be used to keep kids interested in the curriculum. I thought that it was very nice of her to invest her time in a Skype interview with last semester EDM 310 class. I can only hope that there are more teachers like Mrs. Cassidy out there in the educational field. She has been incorporating technology in the class room for a very long time, ten years to be exact.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Justin,
    I agree having a teacher back when we were coming up in school that was technological advanced would have been great as far as expanding our mind. Yes, we had accelerated reader on the computer in the classroom,but nothing close to what kinds of technology in the classroom kids have available to them nowadays. Mrs.Cassidy is the kind of teacher I strive to be like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin, this post was good. Mrs. Cassidy is the epitome of a great modern teacher!
    Amberly Elmore

    ReplyDelete