Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Post 5

A shark


Eagle Nest Radio & Class Blog

This specific podcast that I watched was a 3rd grade class interviewing a shark diver. I think that the kids in the 3rd grade class had fu with this interview. They had a lot of educational and entertaining questions. They asked Mr. Ward one question and as soon as he finished the asked him another. This just goes to show you how much technology in education is changing the way we learn today. In the 3rd grade I could barley work my way around a computer and had no idea what a podcast even was. You could tell that this podcasts was very well thought out and produced extremely well for the age of children that were involved. This is a great way to teach kids at a young age that technology can be used in learning, it can be fun, and also that it is easy.

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better

100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn and Study Better is a website that literally gives you a hundred ways to increase your learning and studying ability. It has numerous apps and programs that you can use to make your iPod a extremely resourceful thing. It defiantly shows you that an iPod can be used for educational purposes and not just for listening to music. I thought this website was very interesting and I could see it being helpful to me in the future. It should be a website every teacher informs her students about.

The benefits of podcasting in the classroom

The benefits of podcasting in classrooms is a video that shows several different examples of reasons why teachers should use podcast in schools. One example shows a girl that is sick and cannot make school, but if her teacher used podcasts she could just get online and watch the lecture. I talks about how you can easily keep parents involved in what their children are learning in schools by simply posting podcast on a website. The children can listen to the lecture again after hearing it in class to help them for studying purposes. I think this is a great way of improving children’s ways off learning and also teach them a little about technology.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Justin! Podcasting is great for both in the classroom and out of it! I think it is so useful for so many purposes and you stated a few for sure. Do you plan on podcasting as a teacher? I do. I think it is such a great tool that we should use as in many ways as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin,

    Podcasts are a great tool to use in the classroom because they do offer many benefits for the teacher and the students. You raised some great points throughout your post, and one of those is how we can use technology to help students learn. Students want exciting tools to use, and with podcasts, they get to work together, research about an interesting topic, and produce something that can teach others. They can be as creative as possible, and they are using technology while learning. It seems to me that is a perfect scenario. I cannot wait to use podcasts because of how well students respond. I hope you feel the same. Keep up the good work!

    P.S. Pearl River is definitely a perfect school! ;)

    ReplyDelete