Saturday, February 5, 2011

C4T #1 Jenny Luca

My C4T assignment was to comment on Ms.Jenny Luca's Blog page. Ms. Jenny is Head of Information Services at Toorak College in Mt.Eliza, Australia.
For my first comment was on her blog post about wanting to become a Google Instructor.Her blog post was a video interview for a Google instructor an she was discussing how children do not use books for finding information, they just Google it.This was my comment:

Hi my name is Justin Hyde and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I do feel that education is being changed more and more everyday. Where you would once have to go to a library, find a book, and then read the needed material, you can now do the same thing on the internet in a fraction of the time with a simple Google search. This opens a whole new window of education and learning. It makes you think what if one day students will not even go to class and everything will be done over web chats and online videos. Good luck with becoming a Google Instructor.

I have been assigned to follow your blog for the next month and after the month is up I will be writing a blog on what I have learned. You can follow my blog at hydejustinedm310@blogspot, our class blog is edm310@blogspot, and also you can find me on twitter @jchyde01.

The second blog that I commented on was a post about Twitter and how it is being used more and more everyday.She explains that Twitter is becoming a vital component in education and that technology is becoming increasingly more popular each and every day. Twitter, if used correctly, can be a professional tool and helps you stay connected with people from all around the world. This is the comment that I wrote her:

I am starting to myself find out that Twitter can be useful for staying up to date with valuable information. At first i thought it was a extremely overrated way to see when friends are doing their laundry, but now I am starting to understand it is all about who you follow. Following the right people and you can have all kinds of useful information.

Twitter emblem

1 comment:

  1. So Justin, what did you learn from reading my blog? Did it change anything about how you view education? What do you think of using social media to make connections and support one another in the teaching field? Will you continue to make connections to support your professional practice after your finish this course?
    Jenny Luca.

    ReplyDelete