Sunday, February 27, 2011

Comments For Kids 1, 2, & 3

Measurementrulers

My first comment for kids was Ms. Naugles 5th period math class. Their class uses kidblog.org and my specific post that I posted on was about measurements. This is what I had to say:

We are constantly using measurements in our everyday life. Buying groceries at the grocery store you measure several things. How much money you will spend all the way to how many gallons of milk you will need? You always have to measure amounts when cooking. If you go to the gym and work out you have to measure how many pounds you will be working out with. How would you know how long you needed your pants to be or what size shirt you needed? We could not build huge buildings that are sturdy and strongly supported. Measuring is something that we could not live in our society today without. That is why we are taught measurements at a young age in schools.

KPE Episode 339: Fantastic Mr. Fox

My second comment for kids was KPE Episode 339: Fantastic Mr. Fox. It was a podcast done by two young girls on the book Mr. Fantastic Fox. The girls names were Kayla and Sylvia and they are from Pt. England School in Auckland, New Zealand. This is what I said:

Hello Kayla and Sylvia,
My name is Justin Hyde and I am a student in Dr. Stranges EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I felt that your podcast was very well put together and you did a great job explaining this interesting book. I like how you did not only just come out and tell details about the book , but you asked informative questions as well. The fact that your images were keeping up with the story telling really kept me entertained. I like the great work KPE keep it up. This is the link to my class blog,http://hydejustinedm310.blogspot.com/, if you would like to get into some interesting discussions about technology in education.

Antonio’s 5th Grade Blog

My third comment for kids was to comment on Antonio’s Blog. He is a Student in the 5th grade at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. He did not have any post from this year so I chose to comment on his last post from the previous year. This is what I said:

Hi Antonio, my name is Justin Hyde. I am an EDM310 student at the University of South Alabama. I read some of your year 4 blog post. I thought that you wrote some really interesting posts. Hopefully I will get to read some more of your posts from your year 5 blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment